Share | 

[xL] Recruitment Drive

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ranger-

PostSubject: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sat May 16, 2009 6:16 am

Howdy folks,

[xL] are looking for a couple of new members, we only have 3 active players at the moment, well 4 if you include our boss and clan founder Dangerdan, who will only be active for scrims. At the moment it's me and Firefly holding the xL banner high, plus one other dude who I haven't seen in-game yet, [xL]Flameon.

Basically what we require is someone who isn't a total jerk, a humorless troglodyte or a camping sniper (because I hate snipers) and is willing to be involved with some tricky military procedures and follow my guidelines during play. Im not too harsh but I have kind of taken on the leadership because I was the first to sign up for the Crysis: Wars battalion of [xL] ... we're also heavily involved in Call of Duty 4. I'm also the one whose keen on getting some new cats to join us.

Either way, if you're unsure about me or Firefly as people, then get to know us on here or pop on our Vent server (PM me for details) and have a chat, but if you have got the goods, then we're keen. You can also add me on Xfire my username is derangered.

Please note that I have a strict policy as far as skill and fairplay go. I take note of people's kill/death ratio in-game as well as whether you camp with a sniper rifle after you realise you joined the wrong team in PS and are having your arse kicked at ground level. Stupid childish tactics like that annoy me personally. It's just 1 specific thing that gripes me.

The reason for my harshness is that, from experience, numbers dont make a clan but a close-nit group of likeminded players who are interested in squad based games rather than elite serbz/hope/rambo type gaming.. nothing wrong with going Rambo, but if you'd like a change than yep send me a pm or visit our forum! :

http://excel-gaming.forumotion.net/forum.htm

I'd like to have some 'semi-serious' games, because Crysis is so dynamic, I'd like to make the most of it. Think how easy it is to take down a Tank when 2 players are coordinating a C4 strike. Light work of any tank!

Also a note to FTW and TF, I wont say no to clan-churners.

So again:

Xfire: derangered
Forum: http://excel-gaming.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X delta X

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 5:24 am

lol ranger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 am

Dont lol me, Im totally serious. I've had one dude have a run so far but I think he needs some more work.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sErBz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 5:55 am

the crysis community is somewhat short on players as it is atm, i say take whoever will come and train em up Smile

Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 6:42 am

FTW need to stop hoarding players.. but as usual you're right, serby!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackcatM124

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 7:47 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 8:33 am

What be clan-churning?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.icompositions.com/artists/zygurt
Carts-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 8:46 am

Ranger- wrote:
FTW need to stop hoarding players.. but as usual you're right, serby!

we recruit whoever the fuck we want to. Not like we ask people to join like you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sErBz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 am

lol Carts don't rage, he is saying that lots of people join ftw and therefore it is hard to get recruits Smile

A fact is that most people join either TF FTW or AoS, unless player numbers grow substantially, it will be hard for new clans to recruit.

Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 10:37 am

I had similar issues with a different game. We had 13 members, when I took over as leader I removed 7 ordinary players and it was great. Some of the shitties went on to form other crappy clans, and thats what it's about.

Imagine having 4-5 even clans with a ladder system in Crysis? It'd be killa you know it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sErBz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 am

mmm in my opinion, for a game like crysis as it is now, i would be happy with 6 active skilled players. I like how ftw has plenty of members, ftw makes up like 35-40% of the crysis community lol.

Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 10:44 am

Skilled players?

Crysis has around 10 players that I find 'challenging' then the 'medium to good' players such as myself and around 20 others? Then a whole heap of people that either play for a bit and piss off, or play 2-3 other games online and spend most of their time on those other games. It's hard to forum solid clans, when certain clans keep hoarding, but hey thats Quacks's prerogative and I aint gonna piss on him for it because I respect the bloke.

I just yearn for a more even tomorrow...

ps: this thread is about xL and us needing someone new.. and someone ready to learn.. c'mon folks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Quote :
What be clan-churning?

If you want to leave your current clan and join a more superior one (xL are like that new family you always dreamed of!)

So warm and loving!

*GROUP HUGGLES ^_________________________________^*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sErBz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 12:24 pm

If you looked back from original crysis there were actually quite a few extremely challenging players, 95% of em shit all over me back in the day Razz.. but yeah, wars is a slightly different concept to Crysis Original and alot of the good players then, dont like the game now so they do not play much, however, if alot of those players did decide to play again there would be alot more competition.

In regards to FTW having lots of members, i dont think you need to focus on how many members other clans have, instead you should look at your clan as a product, and advertise that product in the best way possible to attract new members. For example FTW is more a social clan than a competitive one at this point in time, however, it still does have alot of uber pro players, so therefore they are covering more things that people are looking for. Some people are looking for a clan that when it comes down to a scrim, they pwn, and other players are just looking for a clan which is fun to be in.

Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm

It's upto you to make those awesome players return to the game instead of playing Chess Titans :p

All clans represent something different, I guess what I want from xL is something less social but more strategy orientated as well as teaching what little I know to less skilled or newer players and of course learning something for myself, as well.

FUN is priority though. It goes without saying Smile (right?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sErBz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 1:48 pm

well that would be the type of player(s) you and your other clan mates would have to show yourselves as. People who have fun in game, yet, when it comes down to business, you can get the job done Smile

X delta X

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm

haha back in crysis original i would get owned so badly and i used so many c4s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wounded

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 am

awesome i typed up a huge post, but by the time i went to post it the stupid site logged me out so i lost everything i had written... GAYNESS IN THE ANUS.

good luck with ur recruiting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rilord

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 am

Hmmm.... I'd join xL but i am in TF... Maybe if Delta would stop letting so many randoms in...

Nice picture blackcat... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rilord

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 5:39 am

I played original crysis recently... there were a few mega pros like hope... c4 was the only way to kill people... I killed 3 people at once including a hacker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 am

Rilord wrote:
Hmmm.... I'd join xL but i am in TF... Maybe if Delta would stop letting so many randoms in...

Nice picture blackcat... lol!

I think that's the big problem with TF. I've been trying to figure out whether I'm leaving or not. I just really haven't been activate this year though.
Back to top Go down
Rilord

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 am

Ya!

To join TF you should have to actually be trialled and be half decent..

New rule... If you want to join you got to win against blackcat!

hmm... I should be posting this on TF clan forums shouldnt I??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 am

No don't play against Blackcat, his ping is too high. Sorry mate, but its true. Win against killzone or me.
Back to top Go down
Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 6:59 am

Just try hit up a few games during busier times, after school seems to be the best 3pm-9pm when the PS server is fairly packed. The weekend is even too packed (had to wait to get a slot in the FTW server at one stage) If you get back into the rhythm you'll soon start enjoying the game and maybe want to try out for a different clan. TF seems to have a lot of members that dont do anything really, not sure if the leaders of TF even know how to actually control/influence that many people in game. Hence me wanting a smaller playing group. I keep going around in circles with this thread though, so I'll shut up for a while Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ranger-

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   Mon May 18, 2009 7:00 am

Quote :
hmm... I should be posting this on TF clan forums shouldnt I??

Yep. Or just make a thread on here about your clan. Im trying to get some more people into mine through this thread :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [xL] Recruitment Drive   

Back to top Go down

[xL] Recruitment Drive
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CrysisANZ :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: